Share it

Friday, October 1, 2010

The Eve Of...

This is it! I am just one night's sleep away from the event. I can't believe it. I know I have said this many times, but how many times in a person's life does a dream come true?

I had a blog post way back near the start in saying that I am, "living the dream" and I can't believe I haven't awoken from this dream yet.

If you have followed my blog from the start, or have read my book Finding Kansas, you know that things haven't always been like this for me. I'm glad they weren't or I wouldn't have anything to say.

Tomorrow is the result of all the hardship, all the pain, and most of all the relationships I had during that dark period. I would not have made it onto the panel with Temple Grandin if not for the employment Greg gave me several years ago, or the understanding my parents have had even before I was diagnosed. On top of all that the person that probably helped me the most, in terms of presentations, is Ron Ekstrand who put me in this position. I didn't know if I had the talent for this, but the potential was there and with his confidence here I am.

I'm sure there are others I should thank, but then I would be up all night. What I do want to say is that an understanding family, circle of friends, and employment is vital for growth and I have been blessed with the perfect situation.

It is getting late and I almost have tears in my eyes for I am going from the fear stage to the acceptance stage. I no longer fear making a fool of myself and I think I have a general idea of what I am going to say. Because of this I am now reflective of how I got here, hence my thanking people.

If I don't go to sleep now I will surely ramble on until 10:30AM. 14 hours separates me from that panel and I may not change the world on that panel, but I know that whatever I may say will be heard. When I started writing that is all that I wanted. So tonight is the eve of whatever lies ahead after tomorrow and I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment