Share it

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Return of Sleep Issues

For about the past four nights now I have had serious issues getting to sleep. It was a very long night last night as I tried and tried to go to sleep.

The thing that annoys me the most is that my body is so tired and yet my brain keeps churning away in overdrive. Typically, melatonin will have me in a state that will allow me to go to sleep within about an hour, but three hours after taking it at 9 last night still felt as if I had never taken it.

So why the issues now? I thought that two nights ago I simply was so excited to be back on the road and giving presentations again, but I usually sleep like a dead log at hotels (some sleep like a log, I can do one better!) but last night I had the same issues.

I am hoping this doesn't last too much longer as I have found I can sustain up to 4-5 days of this before I start to truly get affected. Right now it is just more of an annoyance than anything. And I truly be annoying because I do want to go to sleep but my mind starts thinking about things and there is no off switch. What am I thinking about? There's so much stuff and a lot of it isn't connected. I thought about past memories, future blog posts, my presentations, where I may need to get gas today, the 2011 race season, the chance of snow, as well as more memories.

Sleep or no sleep I have two presentations today. First one is to a private place here in Sikeston, and this evening I will be in Cape Girardeau where I think there maybe about 70 people tonight. It should be a great day, and hopefully I will be able to celebrate it by going to sleep in under three hours tonight.

1 comment:

  1. I have the same issues, made even worse by not having a daily rythm (I'm without an education and a job at the moment) and being chronicly fatigued. I can tell you one thing... Don't ever go to distracting your thoughts until you're so tired you just fall asleep within seconds. Bad idea, bad idea... *facepalm*
    As you have probably figured, that's what I did. I ended up turning my day and night around and I'm having a lot of trouble getting it right again... >.< What to do...

    ReplyDelete