Share it

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Type of Day I Needed

It's been a while since I stood in front of an audience to give any sort of presentation and maybe that's why I've been feeling a bit off, but today has changed that.

This morning I gave my police presentation to officers from the City of Saint Louis at 8AM. That isn't all on my plate today as in 20 or so minutes I will be giving my normal presentation to parents going through TouchPoint's parent training program. And if that weren't enough the officers from the morning are going to TouchPoint's city location and I will be there to answer any questions.

Yes, I needed a day like today. The holiday season, from what I hear, is a quiet spot in terms of presentations and I once again realized that my belief that, "whatever is will be forever" holds true. What that means is that whatever is now will be thought of as if now will be forever. Since I had grown used to not giving presentations that meant I would never present again. Extreme thinking, I know, but that is the all or nothing system I live with.

All that is changed though as I get to put my first colored county on my 2011 map. Next week I am off to the Southeast part of the state for some more presentations and some more map coloring fun.

I wish I could talk more about the whole, "whatever is now is forever" bit but I must run to my next presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment