Share it

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Step Up To The Plate and Be an All Star for Autism!

My blog is not going to become a full-on fundraising page, but this event is something I feel dearly towards.

Every year TouchPoint has a fundraising event that is called, "All Stars for Autism". Last year, being new at TouchPoint, and really new to this world of blogging, I did not participate in it. This year I am.

50 years from now when I look back on the major events of my life there is no doubt that my time with experience with TouchPoint will be near, if not at, the top. Here's the thing though; I'm not the only one that may say that. Everyday across Missouri people with autism are being served by TouchPoint and each day people from around the world read this blog.

TouchPoint has given me a stage and a chance that I never knew was possible. If it weren't for this job this blog, which I update daily, would never have happened. If it weren't for this job I would not have spoken to the nearly 5,000 people I have in my presentations.

Either through direct care, community awareness, or a position like mine, TouchPoint's mission to serve those with autism is probably the dearest thing to my heart. If all these words weren't enough to convince you to donate I will post a video. This video was featured at the 2010 Festival of Trees and I am in it. Below the video is the link you can click to go to my fundraising page and make a donation or you can click the picture on the upper right of my blog. Every cent counts and goes towards this amazing cause!




Click here to donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment