Share it

Monday, April 11, 2011

A Day of Rest

This is weird! After 11 days of being away I woke up in my own bed. The past two weeks or so have flown by and on my drive home from Joplin I couldn't believe at the blur that has been the past two weeks.

After being on the go for so long and doing so many presentations I feel as if I just finished a marathon of sorts. A total of over 1,500 miles were driven and 10 or so presentations were given. A single presentation alone will tire me out let alone a marathon like this.

I may be tired today, and taking it easy, but my focus is already on the next marathon. Tomorrow I have a presentation to parents going through TouchPoint's parent training and tomorrow night I have a presentation that is open to the public (address and info on my "upcoming presentations" page that can be found on the right bar). On Wednesday I will give my police presentation to City of Saint Louis officers going through CIT training and then the traveling recommences on Thursday with a presentation in Jefferson City followed up by the Thompson Center on Friday and then Brookfield and Kirksville on Saturday

Today may not be the most exciting of days, but it is highly needed. A day to take a breath, to regain lost energy, and to prepare (such as an oil change!) for the next leg of this tour of Missouri of Autism Awareness Month is something that I am glad I have. I better enjoy it though as the race to raise awareness starts again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment