Share it

Friday, September 2, 2011

Nothing Corny About It

Last year at this time I was en route to Rock Island, Illinois to be an assistant race director for the Rock Island Grand Prix which is a go-kart street race around the arts district of Rock Island. This year I'm staying in Saint Louis to participate in a corn hole tourney.

On Sunday, the 5th annual Aiming for the Answer Cornhole Tournament will take place. It was hard to pass up another year at the Rock, but through this tournament funds will be donated to TouchPoint, Autism Speaks, and Action for Autism.

I will be in the tourney and know nothing about corn hole. In my one minute of research I learned that there is an American Cornhole Association. That being said it can't be that difficult of a sport, can it? I'll find out this Sunday at Kirkwood Park.

To promote this event Ron Ekstrand, CEO of TouchPoint, was on Fox 2 yesterday morning, the video can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment