Share it

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Adjusting

I've talked about moving into my own place, but last night was the first true night that there were no house guests or moving planned. If anything, last night was my first true night on my own.

How did it feel? It was weird, to be honest. I experienced my odd sense of time yesterday as well as I took Rob to the airport in the morning and by evening it was like the whole trip he had was like it was years ago. He came onto Xbox last night and it was impossible, truly impossible for me to comprehend that it was just 11 hours since we left my place to go to the airport.

Besides the odd feeling of time there was huge sense of pride. This is something I never thought would occur and here it is. One huge thing I noticed is that my hyper-sensitivity to noise isn't flaring up. What I mean by this is that I can't turn off my ears and my processing of noise. That being so I monitor every footstep, every door closure, every faucet turned on and every other possible noise. Seeing that I'm the only one in my new place the amount of noises is far less. I never realized just how tiring all those noises were for me until now but it just adds to my firm belief that my concept in my 4th book, "Life Unfiltered" is 100% accurate (that book won't be out for quite some time, sorry.)

One of the other things I found interesting was that I was always highly resistant to allowing myself to think of me living on my own. "It's going to be too difficult" or, "What's the benefits?" were questions I would always think of. The bottom line is that I am resistant to any change. I will usually complain and put up a logical argument as to why the change will be bad. However, if I get over that peak and accept the change very often I will embrace it. I spoke about Rob leaving for a reason and that oddity with time is similar to this as once the change is accepted it is much like the past didn't exist. I have another saying, "whatever is will always be" so whatever is in the now will be like it always was and always will be. Okay, I don't know if that made sense for you, but living with that concept allows me to understand it. In any case I'm sure the things I learn during this adjustment phase will help me understand more about life and myself and I can't wait to learn these things and share them on here.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for writing this, it gave me a great deal of comfort and feeling understood. I also have Asperger's syndrome, and just moved from new york to north carolina, a huge transition for me that i have been finding very difficult. Thank you for helping me not feel alone in that =)

    ReplyDelete