Share it

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Moving Forward: The Next 500

I never would have thought it; 500 posts! I reran the Autism Is... project yesterday and this may be a tradition now on each 100th post as if you ever want or need inspiration just read the comments on that page.

Over the Christmas weekend I began to get my usual seasonal blues. Through the darkness I kept thinking about the 500th post and I wondered what I was going to do for it. I mean, 500. That is a large number. How on Earth did I get to that number? On top of that you, my dear readers, have kept with me through the highs, lows, and hijinks between.

Speaking of lows, Christmas Day was really low for me but still post 500 was looming. I had several ideas, but in the end rerunning the Autism Is project was the only answer because it gives everyone a voice. As I said, read the comments and get inspired and know you are not alone.

My blog is usually about the events in my life and how the spectrum can make things easier or harder for me, but in the end it is typically about me. This isn't a bad thing because I am able to describe the emotions of the ordeals I go through. Thinking about this I see this as a puzzle piece. I like that the spectrum is described by the puzzle piece because each person is unique. Each person on the spectrum is their own puzzle and I am doing my best to describe my little section of life on the other side of the wall. When working on a puzzle though it is best to know what the whole section looks like and I hope that, by reading the responses on the project it gives just that small look into other thoughts and lives.

So, moving forward, the next 100 posts for me might be most important. The April 3rd release date of Finding Kansas is nearing, I've got my year in review posts coming up, and January is looking to be a VERY busy month for me with lots of presentations across Saint Louis and Southwest Missouri.

To end this, as I start the march to 1,000 blog posts, I want to thank you! In my darkest time on Christmas Day I was aggravated at myself for my weaknesses. I looked at everyone else on the "normal" side of the wall and I yearned to know what that is like. Of course, I can want that all day long and that won't change the fact of who I am, and then I remembered I AM happy with who I am. Right then and there I thanked God for the diagnosis because if I didn't know I probably would be much worse off. In fact, I don't really want to think about the course my life would have taken. But yes, as I came out of that thought process I was elated to remember that you are still with me. Some of you are family, others are fellow workers at TouchPoint, but most of you I probably have never met. Some of you have left comments, and my sister says I do a poor job on responding to comments (in my defense I did say, "How do I respond to a comment if there isn't a question?), but nonetheless you still come back and take precious time out of your day to read my thoughts. What an honor that is and I know that a lot of you get a better understanding of the spectrum from my words even though I am oblivious as to how I do this, but still I understand that taking time out of the day is something that is hard to do in this day in age so again thank you. As I began the 2nd 500 posts I want to close this with the words that I ended post #1 with:

Over the course of the next few weeks, months, and hopefully years I hope to open your eyes as to what's new in the world of autism, and to also let you in on some of the daily issues I face being behind this wall.



So welcome to my blog and I hope you will have as much enjoyment reading this as I will have providing it to you. Enjoy!

Thanks for being there for the first 500 and trust me when I say that the enjoyment that I get in bringing you this blog is greater now than it ever was.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Aaron! I've read everyone of your posts. Thanks for the opportunity to get to know you better than I ever would if you had not written "The Best Day..." The journey has been wonderful.

    Your Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mummy says "ditto" to what your dad said. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats for having reached the 500 mark! Thank you for sharing your insights and please keep doing so. You're an inspiration to us all. I'd love to see one of your presentations in real life sometime.

    ReplyDelete