Share it

Monday, February 27, 2012

The Calm Before...

This upcoming week is not the busiest of weeks for me. Typically this would get me worked up as I want to be as busy as can be doing presentations. However, I'm going to savour these first four days of this week because they are the last four days that I have empty until the middle of May!

Yes, the upcoming months are going to be a test for me. It all starts this Frday as I have my first keynote presentation ever at Washington University's Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Research Center (IDDRC) Symposium. I'm really excited about this but also a little bit anxious as I will be speaking for about 45 minutes and will be doing without a PowerPoint. What will I say? I'm not sure and I may ad lib it and go with whatever seems to be working. Of course I'll hit my main points, but as nervous as I am I too am excited at the challenge this will present.

After the presentation I will rush to the airport as it's race season! It's been too long of an off season and my flags have set idle in my stand in the main room (okay, I have to admit each time I walk by I tend to waive one or two) since November but all that changes next weekend as I head to Phoenix and round one of the USAC Mopar .25 Midget National Championship. To say I'm excited about that would be about as obvious as saying the ocean has water. How excited am I? Bouncing off the walls would be one way to describe or also to say that this level of excitement might just be outlawed in 13 states.

After the race I'll be staying in Phoenix for the week and then I'll have a car ride to San Antonio for the following week's race. Each weekend in March has a race and between races and presentations I don't have an empty weekend until August!

Also, I have a big string of events planned for April but I'm not ready to officially announce it yet (getting close though) but it might be the toughest thing I attempt so while this week may seem a bit bland it is probably going to be needed because after this week it's full throttle for a long time. At some point in time in my life I may need to find a balance, but right now I'm perfectly happy at the prospect of being busier than I have ever been before.

No comments:

Post a Comment