Share it

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Summer Run Begins

Just like last year at this time this year is going to see a ton of travel with races spread across the country. This is probably a great thing for me right now as the elements from the past two blog posts are still in play.

As I said, the run begins with a race in Hagerstown, Maryland this weekend. I am unfortunately making the drive by myself out there as I was going to fly but next Tuesday is the Champions of Mental Health Banquet in Jefferson City so if I flew and a plane broke down or something I would have been stuck (Hagerstown is not a big town).

To continue telling the schedule I have, next Thursday night I have a big presentation at a Lutheran Educators conference and the next day it's off to Boston once again for a race in Connecticut. Hopefully this year the tropical weather stays away.

I get back on a Wednesday and then it's off to a wedding in Dallas that weekend, then a few weekends later it's off to Utah for a race so yes, if anything, this summer run will provide plenty of things to write about and it all starts with the race in Hagerstown this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Hagerstown has grown up quite a bit, but they still just have the regional airport. ;) (I lived there for several years in the 1980's and it has gotten much bigger!) That said, they do have multiple flights out of the airport, but your concerns make sense.

    I take it you'll be doing dirt track work at the Hagerstown Speedway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'll be at the dirt track, well, the really small quartet midget one

    ReplyDelete