Share it

Monday, July 2, 2012

Halfway Already?

I don't know about you but I can't believe that 2012 is already halfway over. For me, this has been the fastest half year of my life. I have seen so much and have been to so many places that this truly has been a dream year.

And speaking of dreams, as I'm going through my previous posts from this year I had a very difficult time remembering the events from January. Wow, as I write this February is also a blur. Last year I did a half year in review post but I don't know if I'd be able to do that because it feels as if this started the weekend of the crash is Nashville. It was from that point forward that I remember in full detail.

Of course, one week after that crash my Autism Awareness and Understanding Tour of America happened and that will probably be the story of the year for me. I know I still haven't had time to decompress from it as I've still been going non-stop since those amazing 45 days so I still haven't processed all the memories, emotions, and stories from that time frame.

So I will admit I was looking forward to a post recapping the first 6 months of 2012 but it would just prove to be too difficult; I vaugely remember the first three months and the previous three months from now are still too fresh and unprocessed.

4 comments:

  1. So glad you have shared all that you have been doing. I went to check out the crash video(I hadn't found your blog back then) and I have to say I cringed when I saw it!
    So thankful you are okay!
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I think about it... I never hear you talk about any holidays! Wouldn't you like to go on a holiday to relax and process everything a little bit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually been looking at airfare to various places around the world as I would very much like to relax but each time I think I have a window of time it closes. The upcoming weeks starting after next will have three weeks worth of racing so I guess that's my vacation time.

      Delete
    2. Isn't it possible to chose such a window of time and tell your work and friends that you're not available at that time? In other words, to just book it in and have others work around that? Everyone deserves a nice trip to another country imo. :)

      Delete