Share it

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Hitting the Trail

As I've finally had some time to myself this past week or so all the emotions from the past 7 months have come forward. Also, the question on if my 2nd book will be picked up or not has been on my mind. I've been trying to keep myself busy, but the old ways haven't helped all that much, but thankfully I found something new.

Last year I got a bike and I rode it for a bit, but then I got two flat tires at the same time (just my luck, right?) and it took a long time before I got around to getting them fixed. Last month they did get fixed and I was so excited when I got home to ride, but then I quickly found out that my neighborhood isn't the easiest place to ride as the elevations knocked me out of breath within five minutes.

Thankfully I discovered Creve Coeur lake and the trails there. Three times this week I have gone there to ride and each time it becomes a bit easier to go bit faster and a bit further. Normally any bit of exercise quickly bores me and I lose interest, but riding has been a great way for me to process all that has happened this year and is a great stress reliever. I'm not sure how long I'm going to stay interested but right now I'm having a great time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're taking some time for yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete