Share it

Friday, September 21, 2012

The Final Weekend

This weekend marks the final race of the 2012 USAC .25 Generation Next tour. And what a year it's been! I never thought I would be a part of something like this as the series has been 15 races spanning from the LA metro area, down to Atlanta, and up to Connecticut. Well, I say I never thought I'd be a part of this but this this is my 2nd full year doing this and wow it's been a great ride.

However, this is it for 2012. After Sunday the season will be in the books and next weekend or the weekend after that there will be no race somewhere. Every last race I've ever done has always been a somber experience. It's a mark of the passage of time as well as the longest point in time until the next race.

So that's where I'm at this weekend. Today was practice and it went great, but there's just two days left of the 2012 season and after that it will be over. All the miles, all the laps, and all the tracks have led to this point in time and this is it, the last race. Of course, knowing myself, as soon as I fly that final checkered I will already be looking forward to 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment