Share it

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Great Day

Yesterday... Wow! Yesterday began with a presentation at the Saint Louis County Police Academy for officers going through the Crisis Intervention Training. Doing those presentations has always meant a lot to me and the response I got, and the warmth of the officers, was one of the best receptions I've received.

Later in the day those same officers do visits to a couple locations that provide services and the city location of TouchPoint is one of those organizations that they visit. I am there along with several other coworkers to expand on what autism is, but yesterday during these visits I was almost brought to tears on just how much these officers cared and opened up to share their personal and professional experiences with autism. It was a most unique of events and to know that those officers wanted more information and it wasn't just that but rather they began to understand the autism spectrum. If anything, for me, it was inspiring; to know that and to know that those officers are now better equipped to handle a situation is such a great feeling.

After the site visits my day was not done as I had a presentation all the way out in Lake Saint Louis. This presentation was for a teachers' sorority and once again I felt inspired as the response was so strong. There was laughter, there were tears and there was, as with the experience earlier in the day, understanding.

So what a day it was! Today's another one of those type of days with three presentations once more and my first one is in 13 minutes so I have to go now, but wow, what a day it was.

2 comments:

  1. Aaron...you my friend are amazing! Thank you so much for sharing your story at the academy. I'm amazed at the courage you have....to open the floor for our questions and have the ability to explain so we completely understood! In 22 years this is by far the best training I've ever attended. Please keep talking a presenting! Hold your head high and be proud of what you did for us!

    Thank you,
    Shannon Dandridge
    Ferguson Police Department

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron, you are amazing! Thank you for sharing your story at the Academy. You my friend, are a very strong man! Allowing us to ask question and having the patients to explain and anwser was incredible. Please keep presenting and talking your a great speaker. In 21 years this by far has been the best training I've ever attended.

    Thanks,
    Shannon Dandridge
    Ferguson Police Department

    ReplyDelete