Share it

Monday, November 26, 2012

Praying for You

On the ride home yesterday while I was scanning Facebook (don't worry, I wasn't driving, my dad was) I read some really sad news. It took a while to sink in, but someone I've come to know over the past two years has become very ill.

As I said, it took a while to sink in and at first I put up my usual cold wall. I stated to my dad what had happened as simply a matter of fact. Then the miles went on and I began to feel strong, unfiltered emotions. I wanted to do something but I was powerless. I wanted to express my sadness but words eluded me. I wanted to help but there was nothing I could do.

I often end my presentations by stating the fact that we on the autism spectrum are normally awful at expressing our gratitude and just what those around us mean to us. Perhaps this is simply a human thing to do, but for those of us on the autism spectrum it's worse. Anyway, this person was there for me several times times over the past two years and she even went out to get me home after Crash in Nashville. I think I may have said thanks, but I am uncertain if I did.

From her Facebook wall she obviously is loved by all who she has come across. I've only known her for two years and there are few as dedicated to their job as she is. That's just the way she is. Whatever she is doing she goes all out on and I'm praying that recovery is the same way.

I'm not the best at speaking about outward emotions, but I felt I had to write something. In interactions with her I often would say something in jest to which she would always state something along the lines of she thought I wasn't "one of them" jokingly. This is something I don't do with others as it takes me feeling 100% comfortable around a person for me to speak anything other than facts. She has that way about her though.

This person also went out of their way to see my presentation when I was in Denver which meant a lot to me. Granted, I didn't say anything at the time, but that made me feel truly special despite the fact that I gave you the wrong directions and then led you through an automatic toll gate.

So my prayers are with you hoping that your health is restored and that you may once again be back behind the camera and among the people that love you. Get well soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment