Share it

Friday, April 5, 2013

Back At It

It's been TOO LONG! My last race was all the way back in the middle of November but for me, today, the off season is over!

I have looked forward to this day since the final checkered flag flew in 2012. I'm beginning to realize that my position as flagman for these racing series is much more than a side job I have, and it's much more than a major Kansas of mine, as it is the place I refuel.

One thing I am not good in my life at is balance. I've actually realized this the past couple months in that I am not good at having any sort of balance in that I am always focused on one goal. When I'm in presentation mode it is the only thing that matters. Sure, I may be home, but my mind is always thinking on what to say, how to say it, and what the next thing I need to write is.

This is going to sound odd, but the time I feel the most relaxed is in the midst of a chaotic scene that is a race track. This is my balance in life.

I'm just about to head out, but moving forward this is something I think I need to look at for my life. Not in terms of flagging as I'll be doing this for a long time, but when I'm at home, or when that nasty season known as the off-season is there, I need to have more things that releases the stress of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment