Share it

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Stories

I'm on the road today and blogging from my phone but each time I think the progress we are making in terms of autism understanding and awareness I seem to hear a horror story. 

When I began four years ago I imagined that we would be in a place, today, much further than we are. Yes, I think the overall awareness and understanding is up, but if there's just one horror story out there then that is one too many. While this may seem to be an unrealistic level of perfection I think of the long term damage caused by misunderstandings and the like. 

As I said, today's blog is short, but I'm just riled up today in thinking that I have to do more. The stories I've heard over the years have been heartbreaking and we have got to get to a place where these stories don't happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment