Share it

Friday, January 31, 2014

Writing Mode Engaged

I'm excited! No, I'm really excited! In about three weeks I'll be running a "best of my first 1,000 blog posts" series which will run for two weeks which means, essentially, I'll have my first true writing break in four years. However, I won't be taking a break as I finally have thought of something unique that'll make for a good book so during that time I'm going to start on a major project which is writing my 5th book.

Where's my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th book? There safely saved on some computers and hopefully my 2nd book gets published sooner rather than later but since blogging it's been rather difficult to write in book form. My 3rd book uses a lot of blog concepts but I made sure my 4th book was independent which was rather difficult to write a blog post and then turn around keep some sense of continuity for my book.

I finished my 4th book a few weeks before October 2011 so this actually is the longest bit of time I haven't written in book form sense I began my writing journey in February 2005. So yes, needless to say, I am ecstatic about this upcoming "best of" series (and I think for you new readers these posts are going to be great; and for you long time followers these posts should bring back some memories) because, while I won't be stating anything new on here I am a format for my book which should be nothing short of enlightening and magical. I just have to pace myself because a blog is easy as it can be short, or long, but a book is another matter. I don't know how many times I've heard from people that they've started a book but along the way they got frustrated and quit. As I start I'll have a target of between 40,000 and 75,000 words and that, well, that's A LOT OF WORDS! If I see everything at once and think of all the work it'll take it will be overwhelming. That's why I have to look at it one word, paragraph, and chapter at a time and if it turns out great, well, that's great. If it doesn't work out then I guess I'll have some pre-written blog posts, but I feel a writing explosion coming on so it should work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment