Share it

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Season is Almost Here!

I've been at my office desk for almost two hours staring at my screen trying to come up with something regarding hope, or the relevance of my 500th presentation and 40,000 people spoken to but only one thing is going through my mind and that is cars and flags.

It's been four months since the SKUSA Supernats and that was the last time I was at a track with flags in hand but in less than 24 hours I'll be on a plane headed to California to work the first round of the USAC .25 tour. Am I excited? Excited doesn't even begin to explain just how much I am bouncing off the walls on the inside.

The past two months have been rough as I've waited for the race season to begin. Flagging is much more to me than just displaying flags but rather it is a test of perfection. Of course, I do some stylish things with the flags but it's the intense hyper-focus that I crave.

There's more to these first several events I am working besides racing as I'll be using my autism awareness checkered flag in place of the black/white checkered. To be honest I'm a bit nervous about this because I'll have to mention this in the driver's meeting as well as explain about the fundraiser that will be going on.

I'm really thankful that USAC is allowing me to use this flag and after each even in April (and hopefully one in May) as at these events we will be selling raffle tickets and the winner will receive the flag used that weekend with an added bonus as we are going to have the winners of each class sign the flag. It will be a timeless keepsake and a prize that I think is almost irreplaceable which, I hope, will help raise lots of money to further the cause of autism awareness and understanding. If I wasn't excited before I wrote this, which I was, I'm now buzzing with elation awaiting the start of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment