Share it

Friday, April 25, 2014

Hope Met

Yesterday I presented at an elementary school as part of their autism awareness week. Did you read that? Read that again; autism awareness week! Each day this week this school had a speaker talking on the subject of autism. Sometimes there's a day, or hour devoted to this, but for this school it's a week.

As usual, during the Q&A segment of my presentations, the questions blew me away. Today's kids are taking profound to the next level as one question was, "If you could go back in time and press a button to remove autism, would you?"

I don't have much time to write about my experience yesterday as my marathon of scheduled events truly starts today as I think I'm busy through mid-June now with a presentation this morning and a flight to San Antonio this afternoon, but the experience I had with the students, teachers, and principal yesterday was nothing short of one of the most hopeful things I've experienced.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Aaron. I was lucky enough to hear you speak today at St. Louis Community College - Meramec You are incredibly inspiring! I can't wait to read your book and follow your success. Thank you for sharing your story.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron, Thank you for your presentation today. You are so inspiring with the realistic view of your challenges and triumphs! I recommend everyone read your book, but even more....if given a chance, meet you in person. Continued Success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaron,

    The school you presented at is where my sons go to school. Our older son is diagnosed with high functioning autism. Thank you for inspiring him and other children. I know the teachers and students at our school truly enjoyed hearing you speak and having you answer their questions. This is the second year our school has held an autism awareness week and it has made a profound difference in the school.

    ReplyDelete