Thursday, October 2, 2014

The Grind

What a four weeks it's been! After my California trip last week I write this from the Atlanta airport headed to New Jersey for the final USAC .25 race of the year. When I get back I'll have to hit the ground running as I have a week's worth of presentations.

This past 30 days has been a test of my physical and mental endurance and while my body has held up my mind is tired. When I'm in the midst of an activity I'm fine but when in the midst of doing nothing I feel very much as I did when I was in school.

There's just a fog within my mind. When presenting, or flagging, my mind is sharp, but in times that I'm not there is a sluggishness to my actions. This is exactly what happened to myself in school; the constant input with no breaks wears on me and eventually I get like this. I'm fortunate that I know this about myself and will be able to minimize the stuff I do once this rush of activity is over. Until then, however, it's going to be a race weekend to cherish as it's the last one of the year so there will be some emotions, but next week I'll need to be on my game with many important presentations scheduled and I know I'll be up to the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment