Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Reflections on 2014

In years past I've done a full review of my year but this year, well, I just don't know what to make of this year. Coming off the banner year that was 2013 it would be hard to even hope to do half of the stuff I did in 2013 and yet 2014 was an accomplishment as well.

I celebrated a huge milestone with my 1,000th blog post and I received another award. I launched The Blue Wave checkered flag for motorsports and I am just outside reaching the massive milestone of speaking to a total of 50,000 people total. And yet, through all this, I feel as if I need to do more.

I hate this feeling and I've had it forever and that is that I don't see what I've done but rather I see what I didn't do. 2014 wasn't a record year for number of people spoken to. However, 2014 was my 2nd largest year and would be a record if we took out the 2013 national tour. I also started writing my 5th book, and got 25,000 words in, but lost interest because I saw the logic of, "what's the point of writing another book when there's no assurance that my 2nd will see the light of day?"

For myself, December 31st is a day to reflect on where I was and where I will be going. I'm looking through my calendar journal and forgotten in all of my worries and seeing of what I didn't do is all the places I visited, all the presentations given, and all the lives touched.

I feel 2015 will be a big year for me as my YouTube series should makes its debut in February and it'll also mark a decade since I first started my journey as February 8th, 2005 was when I wrote my first chapter ever.

This year I'll keep this post short but before I end it I want to thank you for reading and I wish you, wherever you are, a very happy new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment