Wednesday, December 9, 2015

A Milestone Day Plus Norway

In just under two hours a milestone in my career will happen as I will give my 700th presentation of my career. Thankfully, unlike the previous milestone of 600, I'm in great health and I have a voice (#600 in Doniphan was not the celebratory presentation I'd have hoped for) and I plan on giving the best presentation yet. Although I should mention that's my goal on any given presentation.

Furthermore, tomorrow is the start of the third of five rounds of The Aspie Traveler and I don't exactly know how this is going to look in blog form. I have every intention of making these travels into a book which means I'm going to have to write in a different form and blog writing and book writing are two fully different skill sets. Also, in book form, things tend to be more longwinded and deeper and I don't know if I'm going to want to share the topics I think I'll be writing about. Don't get me wrong as there will be something, but I doubt it will be the 17,000 word extravaganza that Amsterdam and Tokyo were. Also, I don't know if I'll post in current form or wait like I've done with the previous two. The advantage to posting them after I'm back is they can get the full edit and also have all the bells and whistles, well, actually they can have all the photos I want to help share the story of the locations I visit. So as I've written this post I do think I'll be on a delay of some sort. It may not play out that way, we'll just have to wait and see.

Are you seeing some indecisiveness? Yeah... I leave in 26 hours and I still haven't packed, haven't looked up how to get from the airport to the hotel, and don't really have that much knowledge other than my flight leaves at 1PM. Things have been intense for me the past month or so and this lack of focus is common in these times. The previous two trips I had a general idea but right now I'm in the dark and when I try there's no motivation to keep looking. Perhaps this is because this trip doesn't seem real yet. I mean, I'm going to Oslo and Hammerfest. Hammerfest! Don't know where that is? You're not alone! Few do and that's the excitement of it! Okay, so yes, I'm excited but it doesn't seem real and events in my personal life over the past month have bled into this. I do say, however, this is a good thing. If I were 100% happy the process of self discovery would not be what I think this trip will be.

I have no idea what lies ahead other than in less than 48 hours I'll be far, far away in a land I don't know that much about challenging myself to navigate streets, a culture, and a country I know little about. That's my reasoning for this; to challenge myself and to prove that I can do it... Okay, it's starting to sink in a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment