Friday, May 19, 2023

It’s Time to Qualify!

Perhaps my two favorite days in the flag stand begin tomorrow. It’s qualifying for the 107th Indianapolis 500! 

It’s difficult to describe to you just what this job means to me. If it looks like I’m enjoying myself as I display the flags, I am. It’s not just a level of enjoyment though, it is an all-consuming burning passion of my soul. 

Employment can be difficult for those with Asperger’s and it’s vital for us to try and find a job in our Kansas. I know it’s easy for me to say that now as I’ve got my dream job, but I’ve been saying this long before I landed my gig as a flagger for the NTT INDYCAR Series. 

If you tune into Peacock or NBC this weekend during the hours of qualifying, you might get a glimpse of me doing what I always wanted to do. I still can’t believe I have this honor, and I assure you I’ll be enjoying every second. 

No comments:

Post a Comment