Tuesday, November 8, 2022

The Mission is Calling

The alarm blared its warning. The dark of night was in full force at it had just turned 4:00. I'm not a morning person whatsoever, but this morning was different. This morning it was time to take to the air and it's been a full year since I was on a plane headed to a presentation.

I've missed this. This was my life for many years and getting up at 4:00 to make the 6:00AM flight was commonplace. The long days, long flights, early mornings, and long drives were my commutes. The reward was the destination and the presentation. Tomorrow, that reward happens once more.

I'll admit I'm nervous. I haven't been on a stage in a year. I present with a fast tempo, and to forget one word in a story can make the next story seem out of place. I can easily recover presentations that go off the rail, I've done it many times, but I'd much rather be in mid-season form.

Tomorrow, I'll also have the pre-presentation nerves. The pressure before an NTT INDYCAR Series race is quite similar so my body is used to the adrenaline that comes before showtime, but there's still going to be a high level of apprehension as I find my footing.

I'm traveling to Canton, New York which is where I'll be presenting. It'll be my fourth time presenting there, which is such a neat honor to be invited back so many times. 

I don't have much time left here in Atlanta, where I write this, but if you or your organization want to get involved and have me have an early morning headed off to places near or far to have me present, tell my story, and give the audience a better understanding of what living life on the autism spectrum is like, head to https://www.facebook.com/AutismAmbassador/ and send a message. Onward I go, tomorrow is gonna be AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment