Friday, December 9, 2022

Back to School

After doing this for over a decade I shouldn’t get nervous, but I still do. Today, I return to a school for a presentation. It’ll be an entire grade level and the last time I gave a school presentation it was a year ago today. This has me worried. 

I tend to want perfection when presenting. I won’t remember if I had 95% of everything right on delivery but rather I’ll focus on the 5% that I botched. Also, I know what’s on the line today. 

Every school presentation I’ve done has been magical. There’s no other way to describe it. When minds think, and hearts get opened, it’s magical. This puts the pressure on because this isn’t just another gig; for a person that has the diagnosis, or perhaps a sibling, or maybe even a group of students that’ll become a support for a person, today is critical. I must be on and can’t miss my cures, miss my words, nor can I forget a story. 

Don’t get me wrong, I love this pressure. I thrive on it, but at the same time the butterflies will be immense as I countdown the minutes until I take the stage, introduce myself, and hopefully experience the magic when I open it up to questions. Here’s hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment