Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Finding Kansas Revisited: Aliases

 Aliases


            This was a prophetic chapter and I say this in every presentation that I use this concept in. I know I did skip ahead several chapters, but my thoughts on those chapters were just more of the same of material I’ve already covered.

            Anyway, the story I use about not having fuel at the race is something that still holds true at races to this day. Well, not having fuel isn’t an issue as I only flag, but if I asked to go get a certain tool from any given crew I clam up. I can display the flags with vigor and passion, but if you ask me to be put in a position where I need to interact to acquire an item it’s difficult. This is due to “Alias”. I can play a role just fine, but if it’s personal I mat struggle.

            In presentations I state this and say, “If you see me off this stage you may not recognize me.” I don’t know if people believe me when I say this, but for those that have they do believe it. It also had to be confusing to my coworkers when I was worked, or my classmates and teachers when I was in school. 

            When I wrote this I never imagined that I’d have a stage alias but in life sometimes we don’t know what we are capable until after the fact and even then sometimes we may wonder how we do the things we do. Never could I have imagined the heights I’d reach, and the stages I’d speak on.

No comments:

Post a Comment