Friday, September 9, 2022

A Season’s End

I don’t want the weekend to end. It’s only just begun, but I’m dreading Sunday night because it’ll mean the end of the NTT INDYCAR Series 2022 season. 

Change is difficult. I’ve grown accustomed to the long hours, living out of a suitcase, and the socializing with coworkers. 

Change is difficult. Next week I won’t have a calendar to go by, I won’t have a minute by minute guide to how the day is going to go, and I won’t be dealing with flight itineraries and airports. 

Change is extremely difficult. The longer something is the more difficult it is to adjust. This season has been a dream. Truly, the autism understanding outreach that has been achieved through my position has been amazing. Come Monday, the 2022 campaign will be concluded. 

There needs to be balance though. The hours have been long, the early mornings are a grind, and even when I’ve had a week off there hasn’t really been rest. I live for this though. 

By no means will my off season be boring. I’ve got a couple trips and several kart races lined up. I’ll be able to recharge my proverbial batteries. It’ll be funny though, because I can see the follow up post to this, “a season’s beginning” and I’ll be discussing that change is difficult. I’ve grown accustomed to no calendar, no schedule, and how difficult it is to go from that back to the whirlwind life that is living life on the road with the NTT INDYCAR Series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment