Wednesday, October 5, 2022

To make a mistake


There I was, driving down I-80 through Wyoming. I had punched in the hotel’s address well before the sun came up, and I was anxious to get to sleep. I still showed four hours from the hotel as the sun sat behind me in the west. 

I began to get confused, however. I had been down this road in 2011 going up to Casper and I strongly remembered going north a couple hours out of Park City, Utah and now I was surely someone deep within Wyoming. 

The worry passed. I tried not to think of it. Maybe my gps was taking a different way. Perhaps I didn’t recall the path.

Another hour passed and I finally looked at the destination. I was correct in that I was headed to a C town, but it wasn’t Casper I was headed to, it was Cheyenne!

The mistake occurred when I used points to get a free room. It did “hotels near” and for some reason 90 or so miles was considered near. 

I pride myself on not making these type of mistakes. In the grand scheme of things, it isn’t that major. My drive tomorrow is only 45 minutes longer, but there’s still a part of me that’s irate myself. 

Getting over errors can be difficult for us on the spectrum, even if the error is inconsequential like this. It isn’t a choice to dwell on it though as it’s simply there.

I’ll still get around to telling you of the Casper concept even though I stayed In Cheyenne. Even writing that left a sour taste in my mouth. I mean, how do I miss the mark that badly? Ugh! And the day started off so good with amazing scenery. Hopefully sleep will allow me to forget, move on, and put the misplaced towns starting with C behind me. 

Sadly, I have to drive through Casper tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment